Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
- Makes about ½ pound.
- 16 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil for brushing the tortillas
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1½ cups grated Monterey jack cheese (about 6 ounces)
- Brush the tortillas lightly on one side with the oil.
- In a small bowl combine well the chili powder, the salt, and the oregano.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the tortillas, and scatter the Monterey jack on top.
- Cut each tortilla into fourths with a pizza wheel or sharp knife
- Arrange the wedges on 2 large baking sheets, and bake them in a preheated 400°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are golden and crisp.