Makes 4 servings.
- 1 tablespoon corn or peanut oil
- 2 cups diced cooked duck
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup medium-grain brown rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in 2½- to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Sauté duck, red pepper, green pepper, onion and garlic 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chili powder and ground red pepper; cook stirring an additional 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer; cover and cook 45 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in cilantro. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.