Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In New Mexico...it"s spelled chile.. Makes 12 (2") pieces.
- 1 cup + 2 tb yellow cornmeal
- 2 TSP baking powder
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/4 cup whole Wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg + 1 egg white, lightly-beaten
- 1/4 cup sharp chedder cheese
- 2 tbsp mild green chile, chopped or to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat an 8" square baking pan with now stick cooking spray and dust with 2 tablespoon of cornmeal.
- Sift into a large bowl the remaining cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour.
- In another bowl combine buttermilk, eggs, Cheese and chile or chile, then stir into the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and place in upper third of oven. Bake 10 minutes or until dough is firm in center.
Food exchange per serving: 1 starch/bread exchange + ½ fat exchange cho: 28 mg; car: 28 mg; 4g; pro: 4g; 253 mg; fat: 2g;