Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Cooking Light 1997
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups uncooked bulgur or cracked wheat
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 (16-oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14½-oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14½-oz) can vegetable broth
- 2 drained canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded reduced-fat Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups baked tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and next 7 ingredients (onion through garlic); sauté 5 minutes.
- Add water and next 7 ingredients (water through chiles); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon half of bean mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining bean mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover;sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Press chips into casserole.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1½ cups serving size:
- 237 Calories (21% From Fat) | 5.5g Fat (2.4g Sat, 0.7g Mono, 0.6g Poly) | 13.4g Protein | 12 mg Cholesterol | 198 mg Calcium | 459 mg Sodium | 36.2g Carbs | 7.4g Fiber | 2.5g Iron