Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Diabetic Special Diets. This recipe yields 4 servings.
- ¾ lb Chilean sea bass steaks skinned, boned, and cut into 1" cubes ( or use halibut steaks)
- 3 tbsp lime juice divided
- ⅛ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 large tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 large garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 serrano peppers - (to 3) seeded, and finely chopped
- nonstick olive oil cooking spray as needed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cup hot cooked rice
- Place fish, 1 tablespoon lime juice and black pepper in small bowl.
- Stir well and let marinate at least 15 minutes but not more than 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, onion and garlic in medium bowl.
- Stir in serrano peppers; mix well.
- Spray medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over high heat.
- Add fish; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until fish just begins to flake.
- Remove fish to clean bowl; set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat; add tomato mixture.
- Cook and stir about 3 minutes or just until onions are soft.
- Return fish to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish, if desired.