Description EditThis bold ceviche is mixed with mayonnaise, herbs, and sweet potatoes and served as an appetizer. Milkfish or halibut sometimes replaces Chilean salmon fillets and works for this recipe, too.
- 2 cups lobster stock
- 2 cups clam juice
- ¼ cup orange juice, cold only
- ¼ cup lime juice, cold only
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ⅛ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. grain mustard
- ¼ tbsp. aji amarillo
- 2 Chilean salmon fillets - (6 oz. each) cut thin slices
- 1 yellow tomato, diced
- ½ bunch scallions, sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled, steamed, and sliced to ¼" pieces
- Combine lobster stock and clam juice and reduce by half.
- In a blender, mix the orange juice, lime juice, dry mustard, mayonnaise, heavy cream, whole grain mustard, and aji amarillo; then add it to the stock.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the salmon, tomato, scallions, cilantro, and chives and add to the stock juice.
- On a serving platter, arrange a bed of sliced sweet potatoes and serve the ceviche on top.