Description EditThis bold ceviche is mixed with mayonnaise, herbs, and sweet potatoes and served as an appetizer. Milkfish or halibut sometimes replaces Chilean salmon fillets and works for this, too.
- 2 cups lobster stock, lukewarm only
- 2 cups clam juice, lukewarm only
- ¼ cup orange juice, cold only
- ¼ cup lime juice, cold only
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ⅛ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. grain mustard
- ¼ tbsp. aji amarillo
- 2 Chilean salmon fillets - (6 oz. each) cut thin slices
- 1 yellow tomato, diced
- ½ bunch scallions, sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled, steamed, and sliced to ¼" pieces
- Combine lobster stock and clam juice and reduce by half.
- In a blender, mix the orange juice, lime juice, dry mustard, mayonnaise, heavy cream, whole grain mustard, and aji amarillo; then add it to the stock.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the salmon, tomato, scallions, cilantro, and chives and add to the stock juice.
- On a serving platter, arrange a bed of sliced sweet potatoes and serve the ceviche on top.