- 1 large can sliced peaches
- 1 large can plums or pears
- 1 large can apricots
- 1 large can bing cherries
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- An hour (or more) before serving, put sour cream in a sauce boat from which it will be served, and pack the brown sugar on top of it. Do not stir!
- Let it stand at room temperature.
- The sugar will melt and bubble on top of the cream.
- Drain all the fruit, reserving the juices mixed together.
- Gently mix all fruits, and put in a large, deep casserole dish.
- Fill the casserole ¾ full with the blend of fruit juices.
- Dot with butter on top.
- Cover and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the fruit and juice is nicely hot.
- Serve hot, and pass the sour cream mixture to each person to top his or her portion.
- Be sure to dip down to the bottom to get both the cream and the brown sugar.