This spicy Chicken pie has a top "crust" of a baked corn-kernel omelet. Remember this one if you have leftover cooked Turkey, too.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- butter a 1½-quart casserole.
- In a heavy skillet cook the onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until soft.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the flour and the chicken broth.
- Cook, stirring until thickened, then add the chili powder, chicken, olives, and raisins.
- Spoon into the prepared casserole.
- Combine the corn, 1 tablespoon melted butter, 1 tablespoon flour, milk, beaten egg, and salt.
- Spoon the custard mixture over the chicken mixture.
- Bake the pie for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Then place the pie in the broiler and broil until the top is flecked with golden brown spots, a few minutes.