Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is an authentic Chilean recipe, makes great gifts ! Everyone who goes to Chile won't forget this.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅞ cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Blend in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- The dough will be stiff like a cookie dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces and shape into balls.
- Roll each ball into a 9 inch circle.
- Place on cookie sheets and prick with a fork in several places.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Make the Caramel Filling: In a sauce pan, boil the unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk for 3 hours.
- Monitor the water closely, to make sure there is always water in the pan.
- Remove can from heat and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a small measuring cup, combine the brandy and water.
- Place one cookie layer on serving plate.
- Sprinkle with brandy mixture, then spread with the now thickened condensed milk.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Continue stacking until all layers are used.