Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Yields 4 squares, each one 4 x 4 inches in size
- 6 roasted and peeled green chiles, split in half
- 1 cup pepper jack or mozzarella cheese
- 2 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup 1% milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat bottom and sides of 8-inch square glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of pan with half of the green chile.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese on top.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tarter on high until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk with flour, stirring until smooth.
- Add egg and blend well.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the flour/milk mixture until well combined. Do not beat.
- Pour half of the egg white and flour mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Place remaining chile on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Pour remaining egg white mixture on top and spread until evenly covered.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops in golden brown and eggs are set and reach an internal temperature of at least 160°F (about 25 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into 4 squares.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 200 | Calories from Fat 100 | Total Fat 11 g | Cholesterol 85 mg | Sodium 240 mg | Carbohydrate 13 g | Dietary Fiber 1 g | Protein 13 g
- Exchanges: 1 starch | 1 medium-fat meat | 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Units 1