Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chile Lime Tortilla Chips from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
- non-fat cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 flour tortillas (8" diameter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- chile powder, to taste
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with nonfat cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine lime peel, lime juice, chile pepper, oil, honey and stir thoroughly.
- Using a pastry brush, brush tortillas with the lime mixture.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut tortillas into 12 wedges.
- Place wedges on a single layer on cookie sheet and sprinkle with chile powder to desired amount.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.