Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Formatted by Lisa Crawford
- 12 uncooked corn tortillas
- 1 medium Anaheim or poblano chili, minced (or 2 x 4-oz cans diced green chilies)
- 2 to 3 cups grated jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup buttermilk
- salt and pepper
Optional items Edit
- 1 to 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- ½ lbs firm tofu, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion, sauteed
- 1 to garlic cloves, sauteed, minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and sautéed
- dash cumin, and dried bell pepper or oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- butter or oil a 2-quart casserole or a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Tear 6 tortillas into bite size pieces and spread them evenly in the casserole.
- Spread half the chilies and half the cheese over the tortillas (at this point, spread, sprinkle or place any optional items on top of the cheese)
- Tear the remaining tortillas and spread them on top.
- Follow with the remaining chilis and cheese.
- Beat the eggs and buttermilk together with salt and pepper to taste, and pour slowly over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional information Edit
- 561 calories | 31g pro | 49g carb | 27g fat(43%) | 5.4g fiber | 268 mg chol | 657 mg sodium