Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Georgian mutton soup
- 500 g mutton
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp saffron
- 2 tbsp grape vinegar
- kindza (the leaves of coriander)
- salt, pepper
- Wash the mutton in cold water.
- Cut so as to have 3 or 4 pieces per plate.
- Bring to a boil and skim.
- Remove the mutton when tender; strain the stock through a cheesecloth.
- Chop the onion, saute in butter, sprinkle with flour and brown.
- Return the mutton to the stock, thicken with browned flour and onion.
- Add saffron, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a ball.
- Separately boil the light grape vinegar, add it to the soup, bring to a boil again and remove from heat.
- Beat the egg yolks, combine with a little of stock and then stir into the soup; heat but do not bring to the boiling point otherwise the yolk will curdle.
- Sprinkle with kindza and serve immediately.
- Chicken maybe substituted for mutton.