Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a nice little side dish, but it can also be eaten as a meal.
- 2 (12 ounces) cans chickpeas
- 2 apples
- 50 ml apple juice
- 50 g raisins
- 25 g butter
- 200 g bacon, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain chickpeas and rinse under cold running water.
- Peel, core and roughly chop apples.
- Mix apples in a bowl with apple juice and raisins; leave to marinate a while.
- In a large non stick skillet, heat butter and fry diced bacon until crisp.
- Add diced onion and continue frying 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and fry until heated through (about 10 minutes).
- Season to taste and serve with apple salad.