- 1 Tbs. unhulled sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs. cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced carrots ( 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery ( 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cups cooked or rinsed, drained canned Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Creamy Lemon-Tahini Dressing
Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Fill large bowl with ice water.
In medium skillet over medium heat, toast sesame seeds, cumin seeds and salt until fragrant, shaking pan occasionally, about 3 minutes. Transfer to small plate and set aside
Add Cauliflower, Broccoli, carrots, celery and Onion to boiling water and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, plunge into ice water and drain well.
In large serving bowl, combine cooked vegetables, toasted seeds, Chickpeas, bell pepper, scallions and cilantro. Add dressing and toss to coat.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit