Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Curry powder gives this side dish a taste of India. Serve over brown rice.
Fruits and Veggies Matter, Adult Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1½ Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped or grated
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1 x 19-oz can chickpeas, rinsed.
- 1 x 14-oz can no-sodium-added diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 x 10-oz bag fresh spinach, stems removed
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- Combine onion and ginger in food processor and pulse until minced.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion mixture and curry. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and tomatoes; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, water, and salt. Cook another minute until spinach wilts.
- If you don’t have a food processor, chop onion and ginger into small pieces.
- Try with other beans, such as navy beans, black-eyed peas, or lentils instead of chickpeas. These beans should be cooked before using in this recipe.