Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Traditional chickpea soup (shorbat bi hummus).
- 1 cup Chickpeas soaked overnight in
- 9 cup water
- 2 tbl butter
- 2 med Onion diced
- 4 x cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 pch cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan, bring Chickpeas and their soaking water to a boil and then cook over medium heat for 1+1/2 hours.
- In a separate pan, stir-fry the onions and garlic in the butter until they begin to brown.
- Add the coriander leaves and stir-fry for a few moments longer, then add the contents of the frying pan and the remaining ingredients to the Chickpeas.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until the Chickpeas are tender.