- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dry mustard
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1 pkt Artificial sweetner (1-gram)
- 1/2 lb Dried Chickpeas
- 5 cup water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Combine 1 TABLESPOON ONLY of the seasoning mix with the artificial sweetener and set aside.
- Place the Chickpeas and water in a container, add the rest of the UNsweetened seasoning mix, and soak overnight in the refrigerator. The Peas will be more than double in volume, so make sure the pot is big enough to hold them.
- The next day: Place Chickpeas and the (seasoned)soaking water in a 5 quart pot over high heat. Add apple juice and cook 20 minutes. Add vegetable stock and cook until Peas are just tender, 40 minutes.Remove from heat, drain Peas in colander, rinse well, and drain.
- Sprinkle Peas evenly with reserved sweetened seasoning mix.
- Now you can cook them one of two ways. 1. Use a food dehydrator. Spread evenly around the trays and dehydrate until Peas are dry and crunchy, about 20-22hours. 2. Use an oven. Spread Peas on cookie sheets or sheet pans and cook at 150 degrees until dry and crunchy, about 20–22 hours.