This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Leake Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 19 ounce can chickpeas
- 1 cup water
- 5 fresh or dried sage leaves
- 3 ounce jar chopped pimentos
- 10 fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 whole green scallions diced
- In a medium saucepan combine chickpeas and their liquid with the water and simmer gently for 15 minutes then drain and place in a warm bowl.
- Cover and keep warm while preparing the dressing.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour over warm beans then let stand for 30 minutes before serving.