Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Leake Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 19 ounce can chickpeas
- 1 cup water
- 5 fresh or dried sage leaves
- 3 ounce jar chopped pimentos
- 10 fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 whole green scallions diced
- In a medium saucepan combine chickpeas and their liquid with the water and simmer gently for 15 minutes then drain and place in a warm bowl.
- Cover and keep warm while preparing the dressing.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour over warm beans then let stand for 30 minutes before serving.