Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chickpea "Hot Dogs"
- 1 lb Dried Chickpeas
- 3 slc White bread trimmed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp Diced ground red peppers
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Fat for deep frying
- Wash the Chickpeas and soak overnight in cold water. Drain.
- Grind the Peas and bread together. Mix in the eggs, garlic, red peppers, salt and pepper. Shape into finger-length rolls. Chill for 1 hour.
- Heat the fat to 370 degrees in a deep kettle and carefully drop the "hot dogs" into it. Fry until browned. Drain. Serve with mustard or hot chili sauce.
- Makes about 20.