Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 2-3 lb. Chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 3/4 cup pure Peanut butter, or 1 lb roasted peanuts, ground to a paste
- 1 to 2 egg yolks
- several sprigs of parsley, coarsely chopped
- Rub the Chicken pieces with salt and pepper. melt butter in a large, heavy skillet or stew pot, and add the Chicken and onions. Cover and simmer over lowest heat, periodically adding stock until you have used it all. (If you don't have stock, add plain water or bouillon). After 15 minutes, remove half cup of the cooking liquid to thin the Peanut butter or paste. Add to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and then whisk some of the hot stew liquid into the egg yolks. Add to the pot and stir to incorporate the egg mixture into the stew. Simmer gently until Chicken is done. Be careful not to heat the stew above a simmer from this point. Garnish with parsley leaves and serve with rice or a corn porridge.
- Serves 4 - 6.