Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 5 dried guajillo chiles, cored and seeded
- 5 dried pasilla chiles, cored and seeded
- 5 dried ancho chiles, cored and seeded
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large, ripe plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- ½ to ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- Loosely tear the dried chiles, making sure to discard any remaining seeds.
- In a heavy skillet toast all 15 chiles in batches over moderate heat until they release their aroma, 15 to 20 seconds.
- Take care not to burn them. Remove them and soak them in water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat the same skillet with olive oil and saute the tomatoes, onion, garlic and raisins until the skins of the tomatoes begin to peel off and the onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- In a smaller pan, heat the dried herbs and spices (cumin through cloves) until they release their aromas, less than a minute.
- Place the rehydrated chiles, cooked vegetables, spices, half of the chicken stock and salt into a food processor or blender.
- Purée the mixture until is smooth. Strain the sauce through a sieve.
- Heat the sesame or olive oil in skillet. Add the mole sauce and stir in the chocolate.
- When the chocolate melts, stir in salt and extra broth to desired consistency and taste.
- Serve warm with shredded sautéd chicken breast.