Makes 6 servings
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds frying Chicken, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup minced Onion
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimentos
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle Chicken with salt and pepper. Brown in butter in large skillet over medium heat until golden on each side. Remove Chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add Onion and sherry; cook until tender. Blend in flour and cook until golden brown. Stir in sour cream and broth; blend until smooth. Add tomatoes and bay leaf.
- Arrange Chicken pieces in sauce. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 35 minutes, or until Chicken is tender. Remove bay leaf. Stir parsley and pimentos into rice; toss lightly. Serve Chicken and sauce over hot pimento rice.