Chicken with Mushrooms and Lemon
This skillet lemon chicken is a snap to fix and cook, and it's delicious with hot buttered noodles or rice. Feel free to use a dry white wine to replace the Marsala wine.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry Marsala wine or a dry Chardonnay
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
PREPARATION: Place chicken breast halves between sheets of plastic wrap; gently pound to thin to an even thickness. Combine flour, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika in a plastic food storage bag. Add chicken and coat well; shake excess flour mixture off.
In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Saut� chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes per side, turn and sprinkle with a little salt. Place on platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
Add mushrooms to the skillet with a little more butter, if needed. Saut� for 3 minutes, until browned and tender. Add green onions and saut� 1 minute longer. Add Marsala wine and lemon juice; simmer for 1 minute. Put chicken back in skillet; simmer for 1 minute longer. Arrange chicken on platter; pour sauce and mushrooms over the chicken and garnish with a little chopped parsley. Serves 4.
- Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at