- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brown lightly in the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the cumin, paprika, ginger, turmeric, saffron and cayenne.
- Add the onions, garlic and cilantro; and sauté for a moment or two, combining the spices with the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in a baking dish or casserole; add the roasted red pepper strips, tomatoes, half of the lemon juice, and the broth.
- Pour about 1 cup water into the pan you used for browning; stir to incorporate all the goodies on the bottom of the pan, then pour over the chicken.
- You want the liquid to come about two thirds of the way up on the chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender, and the liquid has evaporated slightly.
- Blanch the by placing them in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain, then add them to the chicken.
- Pour the cooking juices into a small saucepan and skim off the fat.
- Bring the juices to a boil and boil until reduced to a thick, flavorful sauce.
- Remove from heat, add the remaining lemon juice and pour over the chicken.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.