Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to ¼-inch thickness (about 1½ pounds)
- Melt butter in 2- to 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add carrots, onion and garlic. Cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Add rice, curry, pepper and broth. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Add parsley and lemon juice; toss lightly.
- Heat oil in large skillet until hot; add chicken. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until brown and no longer pink in center.
- Serve chicken with rice. Garnish as desired.