Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3-5 lbs. Chicken pieces, trimmed of fat and cut into serving size pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- a cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 can Chickpeas (19 oz or 540 ml)
- 1 ˝ - 2 cups water (I added 2 Chicken bouillon cubes)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ˝ teaspoon allspice
- a teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté the Chicken pieces in the butter over medium heat until they turn golden brown. Be sure to turn them several times, making sure that they brown evenly.
- Remove the Chicken pieces from the saucepan and set aside. Add the onions and stir-fry until they begin to brown. Add the garlic and coriander leaves and stir-fry again, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients, including the Chicken pieces and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the Chicken pieces are well cooked. Serve hot over rice.