Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken with Almonds
- 6 to 8 chicken breasts, boned
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 3 T. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 t. dried tarragon
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 4 T. slivered almonds
1. Brown chicken in shortening and remove.
2. Saute onions. Stir in flour.
3. Slowly add chicken broth and sherry. When liquid begins to simmer, return chicken to skillet.
4. Add tarragon, salt and pepper. Cook covered on low for about 45 minutes.
5. Stir in the sour cream and heat; do not boil.
6. Garnish with slivered almonds.
Serve over rice and add a tossed salad, green vegetable and bread for a complete meal.
Source: Mrs. Susan B. Garrett