Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 6 ounces portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped (about 2½ cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil until onions are translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, and zucchini and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in chicken, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (285 g-wt.):
- 220 calories (80 from fat) | 9g total fat | 1g saturated fat | 26g protein | 10g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 4g sugar) | 60mg cholesterol | 640mg sodium