Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken in honey
- 3 1/2 lb Chicken
- 2 pinches fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled macaroons
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Combine the macaroons, almonds, and beaten egg and season with basil and a pinch of black pepper.
- Season the cavity of a Chicken with salt and pepper and stuff with almond mixture.
- Sew or skewer the vents and truss the wings and legs close to body.
- Prick the skin with tines of a fork and rub it with mixture of oil and honey.
- Roast the Chicken in moderate oven at 350 F., basting frequently with melted butter and pan juices.
- Cook for about 1 1/2 hours or until tender.