Makes 6 servings.
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2½ to 3 pounds choice chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Roll chicken in seasoned flour. Brown well in butter.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add Onion and cook until tender crisp.
- Stir in wine, broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and continue boiling about 1 minute.
- Return chicken to the pan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water. Top with tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Remove bay leaf.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over fluffy rice.