Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- peanut oil (or any cooking oil)
- one Chicken (for the gourmet version, four to six Chicken breasts) cut into bite-sized or serving-sized pieces
- one or two onions, cut up
- one or two cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- one cup tomato paste (or tomato sauce)
- one cup Peanut butter (natural, or homemade is best)
- one cup water
- cayenne pepper or red pepper, black pepper, salt
- Heat a couple spoonfuls of oil in a deep pot. Add the Chicken and fry it on both sides until it is browned and nearly done. Remove the Chicken and set aside. (It might be best to fry part of the Chicken and remove it, and then repeat the process two or three times.
- Chicken cooks best if the Chicken pieces do not touch each other while frying.)
- Fry the onions and garlic in the same pot. Stir in tomato paste. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes. Return Chicken to pot.
- Stir in Peanut butter (if using peanuts, first shell and roast them, then grind or mash them into a paste, adding water if needed). Be sure to use a very low heat or Peanut butter will scorch. Stir in enough water to make tomato paste and Peanut butter into a smooth sauce. Add spices to taste. Stir. Simmer on low heat until Chicken is done.