Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hoffman Estate in Grand Prairie, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup coriander
- 5 tablespoons sesame paste
- 4 tablespoons thin soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons shao hsing
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons hot chili oil
- 2 scallions green only chopped
- ½ teaspoon szechwan peppercorns
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- In a mortar and pestle puree the garlic and coriander then transfer mixture to a bowl and add sesame paste, soy sauce, shao hsing, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili oil and scallions then mix together.
- Brown peppercorns in a dry cast iron skillet over low heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Grind then sieve them and add to the bowl with the sauce.
- Boil chicken breasts in lightly salted water for 7 minutes then refresh them under cold water.
- When cool skin and bone them then pull meat into strips.
- Arrange meat on a serving plate and pour sauce over and serve.