- two onions, finely chopped
- one can tomato paste (or tomato sauce)
- one large can of stewed tomatoes or several fresh tomatoes
- four cloves of garlic, minced
- one teaspoon cumin
- cayenne pepper or red pepper, black pepper, salt (to taste)
- one Chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- In a large stew pot combine everything except the Chicken. Stir until all is well mixed. Bring to a slow boil then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about twenty minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Chicken, cover, and simmer for another half hour or more, stirring occasionally, until Chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with Baton de manioc / Chikwangue, or Fufu, or rice.