Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
from my Aunt Barbara's collection (notation on card says Bethany's favorite Chicken recipe – dated 1904)
- 1 young Chicken
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ small white onion, diced
- Let Chicken soak for about 10 minutes in salted water.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Cut Chicken in small pieces and place in Dutch oven.
- Cover with water and boil for 45 minutes over medium heat.
- Drain stock.
- Add cream, Onion and seasonings.
- Boil again until meat is tender.
- Serve with new potatoes and young green peas.