- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the water, lime juice and salt, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, pumpkin and coconut cream and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Immediately remove from the heat and serve hot.
- Traditionally served as a main course with boiled taro or breadfruit.