Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 x 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast cubes
- vegetable oil (optional)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add celery, mushrooms, onions and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, water, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper sauce; remove from heat.
- Combine rice, chicken and half of sauce mixture in large bowl; set aside.
- Heat ¼ inch oil in medium skillet until hot. Dip tortillas, one at a time, into oil a few seconds or until softened. Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon heaping ¼ cup rice mixture in center of each tortilla; roll up and place, seam sides down, in greased shallow 3-quart glass baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with cheese and .
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 °F for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.