This Recipe Came From an Estate Sale from The Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- 1 chicken
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 potatoes, well scrubbed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped white Onion
- 2 teaspoons crushed tarragon
- 4 carrots Sliced
- 10 bag fresh spinach washed and trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoonhot pepper sauce
- Place chicken in a large kettle then fill half full with water.
- Add bouillon cubes, potatoes, onion and tarragon
- Then bring to a boil, covered
- Then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and add carrots.
- Peel and mash potatoes then set aside.
- Cook chicken and carrots for 30 minutes longer than remove chicken from kettle and debone.
- Add mashed potatoes, chicken and remaining ingredients to kettle
- Then heat through.