From my Aunt Maggie's Collection. This one is marked as a family favorite and is dated 1932.
- 1 large white Onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cans cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cans cream of Chicken soup
- ½ cup old English Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 pounds Chicken, cooked and cubed
- 4 ounce jar pimentos
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute Onion in butter.
- Add soups, Cheese, milk, water and spices.
- Fold in Chicken and pimentos.
- Divide casserole into two 13x9 inch casserole dishes.
- salt and pepper to taste (I like the full measurement in recipe, but you may want less salt and/or pepper), top with grated #Parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.