- Nutritive Value:
- Calorie per piece - 220
- Protein per piece - 30 gms.
- Other nutrients - Fibre, Iron, Calcium.
- 4 skinned Chicken pieces (1.25 kg.),
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced,
- 1 red pepper cored seeded and sliced,
- 1 clove garlic crushed,
- 1/2 tsp chopped sage,
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander,
- 2 tbsp tomato paste,
- 30 gms butter,
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock,
- 2 tbsp cornflour,
- 4 tbsp water,
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the Chicken pieces around sides of a large bowl.
- Cover and cook till Chicken pieces are tender.
- Place the vegetables, herbs, tomato paste and butter in a large bowl.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken stock and make it up to 1 1/2 cups.
- Stir in cornflour blended with water, then stir into vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Cook uncovered for 3 1/2 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Pour over the Chicken and cook uncovered for 4 minutes.
- Serve hot with fluffy rice.