Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals by Lucy Beale, Joan Clark, Barbara Forsberg
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1½ cups julienne-cut carrot
- 2 cups fresh snow pea pods or sugar snap peas, or 1 (6-oz) pkg frozen pea pods, thawed and drained
- ¾ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tsp (or more) grated fresh gingerroot
- 2½ cups cubed (¾-inch), cooked chicken breast
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar, and blend well.
- Add water and soy sauce, blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Add snow pea pods or snap peas, green onions, and gingerroot, and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in chicken and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and is thoroughly heated.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1½ cups stir-fry includes ⅝ cup chicken:
- 257 Calories | 28g Protein | 211mg Sodium | 63mg Cholesterol | 7g Fat | 14g Carbs
- Exchanges: 4 very lean meat | 1 vegetable | ½ starch | ½ fat