Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals by Lucy Beale, Joan Clark, Barbara Forsberg
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1½ cups julienne-cut carrot
- 2 cups fresh snow pea pods or sugar snap peas, or 1 (6-oz) pkg frozen pea pods, thawed and drained
- ¾ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tsp (or more) grated fresh gingerroot
- 2½ cups cubed (¾-inch), cooked chicken breast
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar, and blend well.
- Add water and soy sauce, blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Add snow pea pods or snap peas, green onions, and gingerroot, and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in chicken and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and is thoroughly heated.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1½ cups stir-fry includes ⅝ cup chicken:
- 257 Calories | 28g Protein | 211mg Sodium | 63mg Cholesterol | 7g Fat | 14g Carbs
- Exchanges: 4 very lean meat | 1 vegetable | ½ starch | ½ fat