- Heat frying pan add ½ stick margarine sauté the onions until tender.
- (do not burn) remove from heat.
- Add flour and milk gradually to make a thick sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped chicken, and egg yolk.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Grease pie dish and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs with the other ½ stick of margarine.
- Press this mixture in the bottom and side of a 9" pie dish.
- Fill with chicken and onion mixture.
- Garnish top with grated cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in moderate oven 350°F / 180°C.