Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken Mushroom Pasta from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 2⅔ cups dried rigatoni pasta (or other similar tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces skinless and boneless chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 3 cups white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the salt and ⅛ teaspoon of the black pepper on chicken then cook for about 5 minutes or until center of chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remainder oil to skillet then add garlic, mushrooms and onions.
- Stirfry until until onions are just tender.
- Pour in broth and wine then bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until liquid is reduced to about half, stirring occasionally (about 5–10 minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat and add the pasta, cooked chicken, tomatoes, basil and oregano.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Serve on a platter sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.