- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 2 cups skinless and boneless chicken, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 14-3/4 oz. can of creamed corn
1.Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
2.Add onion, celery and jalapeño and cook about 3 minutes or until tender.
3.Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4.Stir in milk, chicken, corn, thyme, red pepper, salt and creamed corn.
5.Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Chicken and Corn Chowder from the Public Health Cookbook—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain