Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Smyth Estate in Plano, Texas in 1990.
- ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1½ cups salsa
- 16 ounce can black beans undrained
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup green onions sliced
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1½ cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tomato diced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut chicken into short thin strips.
- Cook bacon until crisp then remove to paper towel and crumble.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Cook and stir chicken and garlic in drippings until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in ½ cup of the salsa, beans, red pepper, cumin and salt then simmer until thickened stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green onions and reserved bacon.
- Spoon bean mixture down center of each tortilla then top with cheese and roll up.
- Place seam side down in lightly greased rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon remaining salsa evenly over enchiladas and bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with dollops of sour cream and diced tomatoes.