Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This sauce does double duty, delivering tons of flavor and healthy asparagus at the same time. Make it a meal: Serve alongside brown rice and a green salad.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well (Test Kitchen)
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- 8 oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅔ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp + ¼ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 each boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 – 1¼ lb), trimmed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ⅔ cup shredded gruyère cheese
- Place a steamer basket in a large saucepan, add 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus; cover and steam for 3 minutes.
- Uncover, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk broth and 2 teaspoons flour in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the remaining ¼ cup flour in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge both sides in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side, adjusting heat as needed to prevent scorching.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add shallot, wine and the reserved broth mixture to the pan; cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in sour cream, tarragon, lemon juice and the reserved asparagus until combined.
- Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each piece of chicken, cover and continue cooking until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
Nutrition al information Edit
- 306 Calories | 15g Fat | 5g Saturated Fat | 5g Monounsaturated Fat | 31g Protein | 91 mg Cholesterol | 7g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 343 mg Potassium | 298 mg Sodium
- Nutrition Bonus - Selenium (36% daily value) | Calcium (25% dv) | good source of omega-3s