Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fiber not given but this recipe is good for fiber...with the black beans... Take Care, Gloria
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup diced canned tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb cubed cooked deli chicken
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, almonds, and spices.
- Bring to a boil,lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken and beans and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- 276 Calories | 31g protein | 40 mg cholesterol | 7g fat | 25g carbs
- Exchanges: 1 starch | 1 vegetable | 4 very lean meat | 1 monounsaturated fat