Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each crushed basil, oregano and marjoram
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups assorted vegetables, chopped or 1-10 oz. package frozen vegetables
- 2 cups cooked chicken, skinned and cubed
- 1-15 oz. can tomatoes, crushed or chopped
- In a large saucepan, mix chicken broth, onion, herbs, garlic and pepper. Stir in vegetables.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and undrained tomatoes. Heat thoroughly.
- Chicken Vegetable Soup from the Public Health Cookbook -- original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain