Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans 14.5 oz each diced tomatoes with jalapeño chiles
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 4 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In skillet, heat oil.
- Add chicken and onion, saute until chicken is lightly colored and onion is softened.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, cumin, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Bring to boiling, cook covered until thickened and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat.
- Halve avocados. Cut lengthwise into slices.
- In bowl, toss avocado with 1 tbs lime juice and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Halve cucumber crosswise, then halve lengthwise, seed.
- Cut pieces into thin lengthwise strips.
- In bowl, toss remaining lime juice and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Spread out 1 tortilla.
- Spread 1 cup chicken mixture across lower fourth of tortilla.
- Top chicken mixture with 2 lettuce leaves, one fourth of the avocado, and 1/4 of the cucumber.
- Tightly roll up tortilla.
- Slice diagonally in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Serve at room temp.
Makes 8 servings