Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless Chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 14-1/2-ounce cans no salt added stewed tomatoes, undrained*
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 6-ounce can no salt added tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- Fresh basil for garnish
Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot; add Onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until Onion is tender. Add Chicken; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until pieces are light brown on all sides.